Heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis) is one of the most common complains we are faced with in our foot clinic. Pain in the heel or pain in the arch often indicates inflammation of the long band of tissue under the foot (the plantar fascia).
What does it feel like?
- It frequently causes aching and throbbing pain upon rising from rest (especially first thing in the morning).
- Sharp pain and discomfort in either the mid arch region or at the inside of the heel.
- The pain may come and go during the day.
- Experience more pain after playing sport or exercising.
- Redness, swelling or heat in your foot.
The management of heel pain may vary from stretching, modification in footwear through to custom made orthotics.